Sunday, August 2, 2009

The weekend.











Megs and I went to Chicago this weekend with friends, Missi and Grace. We took the train and stayed overnight Friday night. What a riot to watch 2, 7 year olds in American girl doll store. We also went to the zoo. It was fun to watch them and hear them giggle. Missi and I did our share of giggling too. What fun!!!

I had a nice talk with Brooke before I left. Last time I went to Chicago Brooke started all her "issues." So she behaved for her dad and didn't give him any hard times. And yeah for Steve, to take care off the girls, he was still smiling when we got home and the house was clean!!! What a great guy!!!

Leah got to go to Traverse City for a few days with a friend. She had a riot and it was great for her to get out of the house and experience something else. Something Steve and I can't offer her right now so we are so thankful Hannah took her with. She had fun and has been beaming with stories.

That's about it for our week. Brooke is the same. I can't say that I've seen her get much better, BUT I haven't seen her get worse either. God is giving us this time for a reason. We don't know why and we may never know why, but we will enjoy the time.
Psalm 62: 5-8 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone: My hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation: He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God: He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people: Pour out your hearts to Him, For God is our refuge."

1 comment:

barb said...

Yes...pour out your hearts to Him...He listens. He says "Come to me".

My prayers continue for you and your precious girls. They are joy givers:)

In His Grip..barb