Today was it. Feeding tube removal, and some urinary reconstruction. Ready or not, it was time to get things fixed up. We went to bed with the weather being less than optimal. But we knew we had to get there. So we wrote all the notes out to the girls of school day agenda and snow day agenda. And we went to bed. We awoke to Macy Hacking up a LUNG! She has sinus drainage and it gets the best of her when the rest of us want to sleep. So not much sleep but adrenaline and caffeine have always worked in the past.
Much to our surprise we drove out of the snow within 5 miles. The roads still weren't great but not so bad. We got Grandma Koeman up for nothing, because the girls didn't have school and could sleep in. But she hung out with them for awhile anyway.
Here's one last good look at the feeding tube. See ya later!!!
Here is Brooke and her doll. Her sisters got her all dressed up and ready for the hospital.
They gave Brooke oral meds that made her "funny." We have some pretty good video and she was funny. I laughed til I cried at her. Our friend Missi came to hang out with us and was also entertained by the silliness :) Good drugs!
Then she was off. We talked to the 1st surgeon after about an hour. He removed her feeding tube and sewed all the layers back together so it lays nice and flat on her tummy. I didn't take any pictures of that because it's not so pretty yet. But it will be :)
We then figured we wouldn't hear anything for awhile but after 45 minutes another surgeon wanted to talk to us. That got us a little nervous. They found 2 hernia's they weren't planning on finding and wondered if they could fix them now, rather than later. YES! 1 stop surgery! You fix everything that needs fixing so we don't have to do this again.
They then did her urinary surgery. All in all it took 5 1/2 hours about. She has a bunch of little puncture marks on her belly, steri strips, internal sutures and a catheter. We plan to have the cath removed in the am. As long as she pee's and her pain is controlled we go home.
She really is a trooper and did well. Her sisters were spoiled by the Koop's today and brought up to hang out tonight.
We had a literal party going on! LOVED IT!! And LOVE all these people!!!
I also LOVE this!
Isaiah 58:8 "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear"
Joshua 1:9 "I am the Lord your God. I will be with you everywhere you go"
John12:27 'Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
These are verses that got texted to us through out the day from a Bible study group. Many of the ladies I know, some of them I don't, but it meant so much to us. If you've had a child with health issues or even had your own health issues it's a strange kind of busy. We sat there for 6 hours today. We had time to do so many things. But the sensible, organized part of your brain stops and all you can focus on is, "are they done yet." So to know that others are praying for Brookie and us, brings such a sense of peace. Not that we don't pray for Brooke. We do. But honestly, during the hours she's not with me, I don't have the organized thoughts that I do when I am sitting here beside her watching her sleep. We treasure every one's prayers and care.
We'll see how tomorrow goes. Brooke would like to be home with her sisters. 1st words after surgery, "where's Macy?" Gotta love them!






No comments:
Post a Comment