Friday, February 17, 2012

"Short stature"

That's a nice way of saying, "vertically challenged", "little person", or just plain short. There are pro's and cons no matter if you are short or tall. Our family has, obviously, always been tall. I have no problems with being tall (at this point in my life). When I was young that was a whole different story. But I've grown into my height and found a great man taller than I am :) Our goal has been to grow confident women and to teach them size doesn't matter.

Brooke had her endocrine appt this week. We realized long ago when MD's come into the room and are slightly quiet, then say, "well." Just spit it out! Not much can surprise is these days. Steve and I were excited.
December 1, 2011
weight: 25# 9oz (11.61 kg) In the 2% of growth chart
height: 2' 9.6" (0.854m) In the 0.27% of growth chart
February 16, 2012
Weight: 28# (12.7 kg) In the 7% growth chart
Height: 2' 10.6" (0.88m) In the .58% growth chart

SHE GREW!!! A whole inch, gained over 2#. His concern is, with parents her height, (always comes back to the parents :) and her lack of growth hormone, when he typically prescribes growth hormone kids shoot up. She is growing but hasn't shot anywhere. He drew some more lab work to check her thyroid again (it was normal last time), and check her growth hormone levels. If all is good we might bump up the dose a little and see if that helps. No worries either way.
You see it doesn't matter. Short, tall, heavy, thin: everything has it's own trials. The personality that shines through that body is what counts. And these ladies over here have LOTS of personality!! We'll take whatever God gives us!

If anyone read the last blog, I did get the girls their iPod off Craigslist. I even bartered for it, over email, of course. I could never do that in person! But they are super happy! The things you do for your children :)

Have a blessed week! Home improvements underway again. New flooring and light fixtures. I'll get ya pictures in a week or so.

No comments: