Sunday, February 26, 2012

V A C A T I O N

We headed out last week Friday after school. The girls were so excited that we figured trying to leave in the morning wouldn't work. So we packed it all in, slammed the doors shut and headed to Fort Myers Beach to find grandpa and grandma. We found them :)









What an amazing time to relax and have fun. We took a day and went to Clear water aquarium to see "winter" the dolphin from "Dolphin tale." The girls were excited to see him and we got to meet up with the Plaggemars. They even got to hold his prosthetic tale.


Grandpa and Grandma's condo has a great pool. So we headed there every day to swim and burn off energy. I thought Brooke would be scared or at least a little gun shy of the water, but she wasn't. At one point I was at one end of the pool with Macy and Brooke went to the stairs and walked in. She stopped and sat on the steps and a nice lady walked in with her. Another time, my mom was there, and she walked right in. Over her head and all, she came up spitting and sputtering, but loving it. They may just live with life vests on this summer. Two, 3 year olds are quicker than this mama.



There was a park nearby to play on that had toys that water came out of. That was FUN!! Entertaining to watch! Even grandma went down the slide.

We went down town and watched the street performers, out to eat, to the beach and mini golf. The girls concluded those were there top favorites. It was an amazing week that went by too fast.



There were many tears the night before we left and the morning that we left. I assured the girls that shows their love and its a good thing. Ashley asked if she could be home schooled and we could live there :) As tempting as that is, we had to return to reality. On the way home we left at 4am and got home at mid night.


Long car rides amaze me. You see every emotion in 20 hours. Laughter, tears, joking, hitting, playing, hunger, love, caring, dislike, screaming. My favorite was about 2 hours from home. Leah says, "Brooke did you poop!" Brooke is sitting as far forward in her car seat she can get and says, "Yup and it's all over my back. I told you my tummy hurt." At that point you just laugh and do damage control.
So we are back at it! The kids got their crabbies out yesterday in the van. I had my turn this morning. I wasn't ready to come back. I so enjoyed being with my parents I could've handled 1 more week. We miss them like crazy when they are gone. While we were gone we had new flooring installed in the dining room, kitchen and entry way. To come home to the mess was overwhelming. I told the girls I am trying not to be crabby but I am not winning. To my surprise they all grabbed rags and helped me mop the floor. From there we put the stove, table and chairs back. WE ARE WOMEN!!! We tried to put the fridge back but that was a little more than we could handle. We had to admit defeat and ask the man of the house for help. It again looks like a home and I am loving the new floor. A few finishing touches to make. So blessed God has brought us so far!

No comments: